How to write a good article with quality content
Why quality content?
Most of the high quality targeted traffic comes from search engines. The most important factor that most, if not all, of the search engines are seeking for any website, article or blog post is the quality of its content. If an article is written for any intention without paying much attention to its content quality then this article will fail and will get no readers from search engines at least, which is an epic loss.
This post will emphasize the necessity of high quality and well written content for any article or a blog post and how well the higher content quality an article will have, the higher it will be ranked on search engines and have much targeted traffic and readers.
Two main points to take care of.
For terminology purposes, this post will assume you are trying to write an article about any subject. You will have to take much care of two main points when you write any article or a blog post. First, how well this article will fit the topic that it needs to speak about. Second, how well the article is readable by the human eyes and in a nutshell with a quick look, it can give you a heads up about the topic.
In other words, the first point will focus on the soul of the article, its main idea and how well it can fit it without prolongation or reduction. The second point will focus on how technically the article is well written, hence, how well it's readable to others.
How well your article fits the subject?
At this stage, if you are on writing a new article or a blog post, then there are some important tips you should read before going on.
- Keep an idea list. Take much enough time thinking and brain storming some main ideas about the article. Relax and forget about your tensions and let the nice ideas come in and out. Well, it's time to list them up somewhere even on a white paper. If you didn't list them, you will lose them.
- Let your ideas develop. After the first step if you had the decision of writing the article or the blog post, please wait. Do not write the article in this same day. Let the main ideas stay for some few days and they will get to you some more ideas around them. List them too altogether with the main ideas. Do not force the main ideas on the article.
- Edit ideas before start. At this step you should be having some nice ideas listed somewhere and ready to be written in an article. Before writing the article, you should revise your ideas one more time and exclude the ones that are irrelevant or will add nothing to the article.
- Organize. After you finish your revision. Put some numbers beside every idea for ordering. Numbers will give every idea a priority regarding its importance and how near it is from the article's main subject.
- Keep it short. Now you are ready to write your article. Going through your golden listed ideas, follow the numbers, from the previous step, and try to give every idea a brief explanation. Don't make it so long for the readers. They will get bored. Use easy, simple language and to the point but without slipping the quality.
- Stuck? Leave and come back later. If you found yourself stuck with completing the article in general or explaining any of the ideas, then that's normal. The most important thing is that you don't fight it. Leave at this time and come back later to complete.
Following the previous tips will help you much in organizing your thoughts, saving them, keeping your article around them and the readers will enjoy.
How well your article is readable to others?
It's important to measure your article if it's readable to other users or not. Users usually tend to have a quick look first at any article before deciding to read them in details. If your article will not encourage them to read it then they will not complete reading it. Here are some tips you should take care of to make your article readable and well organized for readers.
- Title. The article's title is the most important element that search engines will look for. It has the biggest score when search engines try to rank your article. For more information about how to write a good title, it's recommended to read How to write a good title for articles and blog posts.
- Use headings. The main points the article needs to emphasize should be put in a heading format. Headings are the H tags in HTML. Format the article's main title in Heading 1, or <H1> tag in HTML, and the sub titles should be listed in Heading 2, or <H2> tags in HTML, and the sub sub titles should be formatted in Heading 3 and so on. Also this will help the search engines to detect what the article is tending to say much easier than if they are written in the same format of the other paragraphs in the article. Perhaps the main ideas you listed before will help you much achieving this.
- Use paragraphs. After you have written the main headings of your article then try to explain what every title is talking about in paragraphs. Do not write the title's explanations one shot, it's much better to divide them into smaller paragraphs.
- Content importance. The more important the content you are writing, the more it should be closer to the top of the article. Likewise, for every section with a heading. Try to keep the important text closer to the heading rather than writing it at the end of the paragraph. This will help both human readers and search engines to have an idea about the topic easier than listing your content at the bottom.
- Use lists. If you have any paragraph in your article that can be described in lists then it's better to use the bullet or numbered lists instead.
- Spacing. Try to have spacing between your paragraphs and list items enough for the readers to feel more comfortable reading your article.
- Size. As said before, keep it short. Search engines will focus on only the first 100 KB of your article and might ignore the rest. After you have finished writing the article, view it on your browser and get its HTML source, copy it, paste and save it in notepad. Then check the file size if its size is larger then 100 KB. This will help readers also to read the full article.
Important questions you should ask yourself after writing any article.
After you are done writing your article, it's time to ask your self some important questions that will make a difference with targeting a high quality content.
- Would the readers trust the information presented in the article?
- Is this article duplicated anywhere else on the same site or any other site? Does it overlap with any other article or post? Is it redundant with slightly different variations in content?
- Does your article have any spelling or grammar mistakes?
- Does your article have any broken links or links to spam or banned pages?
- Are the topics driven by genuine interest of readers? or are they generated to just rank better?
- Does the article provide a substantial value when compared to other articles in the same topic?
- Is the article well written with a large attention to details?
Finally, it's very important to emphasize that any small part with low quality content in the article can harm the whole article and may be the whole website.